Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkins…..

Many times in different movies, TV shows, and cartoons (during the fall season) I have seen the pumpkins as a big and strong symbol here in America. During the week I heard some comments about a pumpkin patch in a little town near here. My wife also found their website (www.the200acres.com), so we decided to visit this event.
After doing some homework on Saturday morning, we ( my wife and I) left Decatur for a 1 hour drive to Arthur, and the amazing things started when I arrived in the city. I saw some black horse-driven buggies, women wearing long dresses and also riding bicycles. I realized that maybe I was near an Amish community (a bonus for my trip!).
Arriving in the pumpkin patch I really noticed the size of American’s passion for the fall season. The place was crowded, starting from the parking lot, but fortunately I found a place almost at the entrance of the patch. Inside there were pumpkins everywhere, but also there were many mums (flowers).
For me the best part of the trip was outside the patch. First there was the bakery with a lot of cakes, cookies, and breads. Also  I visited a traditional restaurant in town with a large buffet (including home cooked food and a delicious chocolate dessert). The only problem in this amazing restaurant was waiting almost one hour inside the gift shop area…
That was a good and different Saturday …… now let’s eat the pumpkin bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment