Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First Journey inside the USA – Chicago (part I)

As I mentioned in a earlier post, I planned to visit Chicago during this Thanksgiving holiday, so it’s time to tell you what happened there. But instead of starting with my journey, I would like to tell some interesting things that happened before we reached the hotel.
Starting on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, my wife and I were trying to use the car wash here. In Brazil you leave your car at the car wash and pick it up after 2 hours totally clean (inside and outside).  Here in the USA, we only knew that it’s an automatic line and it only cleans the outside. We started with the Jeep, that has the spare tire outside the truck and there was a cover on it. There was not problem to do this, in fact it was easy, and the only major work was to put the wheel in the track to start the process. During the wash, it was strange to be inside the car looking at all those brushes coming toward you, but so far it was good.
We left the car wash and it was looking good, but after we reached our house we realized that there was no cover on the spare tire anymore. It was okay, because it was an old one. After this loss, we went with the other car and everything was good, but we did not recover the spire tire cover!
At that time, our car it was ready to the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment