My tutor this week asked me to write about the weather. I know that this kind of subject is really good for small conversation, but I will push this conversation to my future dealing with cold……the Illinois Winter. In my last class I asked my Tutor about the weather at that moment and she told me that it was cool, but seriously, it was cold, too cold for me!
Coming from a region in Brazil where the normal average temperature range in the winter is from 6 to 20 °C (43 to 68 °F), and now here, in the beginning of autumn sometimes reaching 2 °C (34 °F), I think it will be a hard adjustment. I was searching on the Internet about it and the lowest temperature (not official) in Illinois was -38 °C (-37 °F) in Jan 2009 at Rochelle (About 03 hours driving from my current city). I can’t imagine what will be my reaction in this scenario because I have never seen snow in my life, but I’m anxious to jump on snowy ground and build a snowman in the back yard!
After I received the invitation to move to Illinois, people from my work, who had the same experience in the past, told me to be prepared for winter, but in fact, I can tell you that I had already started our winter war. I bought some heavy jackets, special shoes, gloves, caps (with ears protection). But I still need to buy thermal underwear, an ice scraper to keep in my car, a big shovel to clean our driveway, and some marshmallows to roast in our fireplace. The last time that I went to the mall to shop, in fact I bought one more jacket, and the attendant asked me if I was preparing myself for the winter, and I can tell you that the answer was YES.
I think that in general , this experience will be a good (and cold) one for me and my wife.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey men! Opa, melhor escrever em português!
ReplyDeleteGostei muito do seu post sobre o inverno. Prepare-se bem para enfrentá-lo, afinal, sabemos por comentários e leitura que vai ser bem frio! Mas o mais importante voce já tem. Sua esposa e uma casa com calefação né?
Amo vc irmão... (gay isso né?)
Abraço!